Thursday, November 18, 2010

The masks we wear

-->
I am amazed of how diverse people are. We are expressive of our emotions but often times we also choose what emotion to show. It’s mystifying how a person selects what image to portray. In certain instances, though I feel shattered inside I still prefer to smile and pretend to be happy. It’s a therapy for me not to linger on the pain I feel inside and strive to look at the brighter side of things. It’s similar to concealing an ugly scar by putting on a beautiful mask. Accordingly, it gave me a notion that maybe all of us do wear masks to somehow conceal the weak part of ourselves. So that people won’t resort to pity and that to show that we’re fine.


We may resort to wearing masks when we’re out in the world mingling with other people, but when we’re alone we’re faced with our true selves. No pretentions, no concealers, no lies and no masks. We are then to deal with our real dilemmas, faced with our imperfections, weaknesses, and frailty.    It is the time to do something to alleviate the need of wearing masks. Often times, I catch myself wearing some but that shouldn’t hinder me from improving myself. Reflecting on my actions each day and thinking about the reasons why I ended up doing it makes me more aware of my improvements and shortcomings. It then helps me to evaluate myself and also to learn from my experiences day after day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...